- We believe in breeding whippets that represent the Breed Standard as defined by the American Whippet Club.
- Our breedings are carefully planned using our most robust breeding stock so that we might produce healthy, handsome pups of sound temperament and a measure of talent.
- We expect our pups to spend a lifetime in their new homes as cherished pets.
- In addition, we anticipate that many of our dogs will enjoy the opportunity to compete or participate in events which may include Conformation, Obedience, Agility, Rally-O, Lure Coursing, Racing, Flyball, Musical Freestyle, Therapy, Tracking, Frisbee, Barn Hunt and other fascinating pursuits.
- We participate in extensive health testing of our stock, focusing on those tests which are most historically relevant to the pedigree lines behind our stock.
- Test results are publicly shared with OFA, CERF and The Whippet Health Foundation.
- We believe in plenty of outdoor exploration and sunshine for puppies and encourage new owners to find places where their young whippets can stretch their legs in safety. There is no substitute for exercise to keep a pup happy and well-behaved and to develop its young body to full potential.
- We encourage new puppy owners to offer their dogs the opportunity to become true omnivores as this will develop healthy eating patterns that will last a lifetime. It is desirable that a dog be able to enjoy either a commercially-prepared diet or a raw diet, whether at home or on the road.
Education & Study
- We encourage new exhibitors to obtain a copy of the rules for sport(s) in question and to read them again and again until the understanding of those rules becomes second nature.
- It is our hope that new puppy owners will learn to lose with grace and learn to win with humility.
- Over the past 19 years, we have developed and maintain a private pedigree database of over 100,000 whippets for the purpose of extensive pedigree research, including test-matings, calculations of inbreeding percentage, and evaluation of loss of heterozygosity in proposed line-breeding arrangements. We do create and share ad hoc reports with others who make specific data requests.
- We have invested a lifetime in the study of behavioral training techniques and have taught these concepts to others for decades, to assist dedicated exhibitors in achieving their heart's desire, whether it be an Obedience High In Trial, an Agility MACH, a Field Champion or a Racing Champion.
- We believe in sharing knowledge with others so that both dogs and owners may benefit and grow to reach their full potential.
- We believe in the Golden Rule. We treat people as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.
- We are not a "business" but rather a "hobby kennel". As such, we do not produce a profit, nor do we claim any tax benefits based on our hobby activities.