- Donna Miner was raised in Milford, CT by parents who enjoyed a life that involved farming and raising animals.
- Her family did small-time breeding of miniature schnauzers, so it was natural that Donna and her husband, Bernie Miner, would acquire schnauzers and enjoy the sport of Obedience with them.
- Donna is a graduate of Orange Avenue School (1968), Milford High School (1972) and the University of Connecticut (1976) and holds a B.A. in with majors in French & Education and did post-graduate study in computer science at the University of Hartford and RPI Hartford.
- She had a 30-year career with Pratt & Whitney's Quality Systems group where she developed computer systems to manage the manufacturing process, established web-based electronic documentation, and served as senior editor of Quality documentation.
- Donna was a 20+ year member of the Nathan Hale Obedience Club starting in 1990 and served on the Board of Directors for over 5 years.
- Donna's study with Andrea Vaughan (winner of multiple Gaines SuperDog events), Patti Ruzzo, and Leslie Nelson made Donna a lifelong devotee of obedience training.
- When Leslie Nelson opened Tails-U-Win! dog training facility in Manchester, CT, Donna became affiliated with the program as a Puppy Kindergarten instructor. She was privileged to be a part of developing positive dog training techniques when TUW transitioned to all-positive methods based on the influence of SeaWorld's head animal trainer, Ted Turner.
- In over a decade at TUW, Donna orchestrated the training of over 3000 puppies and their families. She has found it fulfilling to share positive, motivational training methods and to see many of her former students go on to enjoy competition in many sports.
- Eventually, Donna and Bernie acquired a whippet puppy named Sheimar's Perfect Alibi (Libby) from Leslie Nelson's first litter of whippets and began to enjoy lure coursing and whippet racing.
- Libby became the foundation of Domino Whippets when, in 2000, she produced a litter of five pups sired by a top racing whippet, Wheatland Bengal.
- Donna has supported the creation of new clubs in the northeast as a founding member of the New England Whippet Club (NEWC) and Gazehounds of New England (GONE).
- She served as Regional Director for ASFA Region 9 from 2007-2009 and was GONE's ASFA representative during that period of time.
- Domino Whippets has become a noted producer of highly competitive performance-bred whippets, having earned many AKC Field Championships, ASFA Field Championships, Oval Racing Championships, Sprint Racing Championships, Agility and Obedience titles.
- Most recently, Domino Whippets has begun to enjoy success showing in Conformation and in the new sport of Barn Hunt.
- Donna enjoys helping new exhibitors get started in these sports and has been very supportive in offering race training to new people and their pups.